Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Roadmonster

How can I make this page make me a bazillionaaaire so I can do all the talk shows and really tell some stories. I like the idea of being richer.
I was riding my Motorcycle the other day and stopped at the market. Leaving my wallet locked in the trunk of the bike, at the register I had only the change in my pocket to pay for my purchase. As I fished for change wondering if would have to get my ATM card from the bike, a young blond women behind me tried to give me $5. I guess I was dressed for the occasion; my 'riding' pants are Air Force flight overalls. Wearing them over jeans with a down Jacket and a hooded sweatshirt, I looked like I 'live' in the elements. I guess my appearance, coupled with me counting my change, led her to believe I was broke and prompted her to offer me the $5. The little sweetheart.
Putting my hand up, I protested, "Oh, no thank you, I have money. I appreciate your kindness, though, thank you." I joked and said, "Hey, didn't you try to lend me money before?"
Again she extended the money.
Again I protested, "Thank you but really, I have money. I'm a millionaire." Everybody's jaw dropped.
"You're a millionaire?", she asked, incredulously.
The fact I broke a tooth earlier in the week and have a gap in my smile where you can see the bridgework didn't help matters either.
"Oh yeah," I said. "Can't you tell?"
"You're a millionaire?" she asked again as she finished bagging her groceries and was leaving.
No. Not unless we count benefits and pension over the rest of my life. As I straddled my 23 year old classic red Goldwing, the Roadmonster, still smiling about the young woman's kindness in the store, I wondered when I would see her again, and how I would appear.
I roared by the Chevron, (the only Chevron in town) and there she was, and I knew that I looked the same, but on the red and chrome blur of the Roadmonster, my appearance was totally different.
Anyway, I could be richer. I could be poorer. Shoulda, woulda, coulda pudding. I couldn't be more me, and as long as one is happy with who they are, without lying to themselves... The whole game is played between the ears!
Be Happy.
I'll worry about being richer in about 2 million hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment