Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fighting depression, Back taxes and Where do I go from here?

Life is Wonderful, Every miserable moment. I have to tell myself that too often recently. Nothing is wrong, really,.. I just worry about being old and poor and ugly,.... and old and ugly doesn't bother me but poor does. I bought property in the State of California and they immediately let me know I owe back income taxes by placing a lien on the property. Naturally the lien is for twice as much as I owe, forcing me to do my taxes ! Damn California. Reason one I should have never left Oregon. Depressing. Regardless, I had my taxes done for 2004,2005,2006. I can handle the state,.. but the fed's,............ Those three years alone will eat up my cash reserves. In a matter of hours I have gone from being solvent to broke. If the damn government wanted taxes from my money, they should have taken it before they gave me the money in the first place! I must admit, the state never had a chance to collect, and so their lien on my property pisses me off that I gave them a chance. That's the bad thing about property, no place to hide. So, a hop skip and a jump away from the mountains and I'm already hating the Government. Again. I guess that's one reason that my friend Guy and I are heading back to southern Oregon this weekend to look for property. There are some "deals" along the Redwood highway in the Illinois Valley, and Guy is ready for an adventure. Myself, after five months in the city, after five months of being without my own home, and now saddled with what will surely be future financial obligations, I'm feeling like maybe I should go back to the mountains and lick my wounds for another couple of years. Damn taxes. Damn government. Damn real estate market. If I could sell the parcel here in the Sacramento valley that I just bought , I could clear these taxes up, but between the taxes, the commission for the realtor, and the damn market, I stand to lose twenty thousand dollars. No way! I think it's time to return to the hills and cling to my guns and and my garden. That's the idea as we head up to Kerby this weekend to look at five acres . Here's hoping we come across the deal of a lifetime and recognize it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey friend. I think your site is very interesting for me, your site give me some important information, thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete