Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving


I've been in Oregon four days now. Sunday I traveled. Monday I spent back in Cave Junction looking at property. Tuesday I looked at property here in Grants Pass. My heart aches. I miss the mountain cabin tremendously. I miss the garden and it's profits. I miss all the things I left and, of course, now forget why I left them. It breaks my heart but I know that one can never go back in time, and efforts to return are futile. I don't have nightmares about not being in Oregon. I do have an occasional bad dream of not being with my wife. And if I could return and spend two weeks back in the cabin, I'd remember that life is too short to watch it pass by in seclusion. I wonder how many more five year episodes I will live before I find the path for the rest of my life, if at all. There is no path that appeals to me at the present, yet the desire to find the future is all consuming. What to do with another 51 years? or more. The next adventure is close, I just haven't found it. Tomorrow I go to Klamath Falls for Thanksgiving and to remind myself , Be grateful, you never would want to be anybody else. This last year has taken several people from my world and so I must remember, " life is wonderful, every miserable moment". Here's hoping that all of YOU find much to be grateful for, and have a wonderful holiday. Remember, if you're reading this, you still have time, so don't be afraid to adventure. And never feel sorry for the Bradman, I could be happy living in a refridgerator box on the American river as long as I was warm, dry and fed.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

No comments:

Post a Comment