Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Death Smiles at Everyone

.........The best you can do is smile back. GLADIATOR

The earths population will reach 7 billion this week. That is seven times the number of people living just two hundred years ago. If we draw a timeline from the year 1800 to the year 2200, we're halfway there, and IMO, societal change and population are exploding at a rate that is unsustainable to make it to the year 2200; While human problems (population, food, water, religious, greed) all continue to expand at increased rates, the world keeps getting smaller. The bubble's going to burst. Nothing new here. All old news. We all can see the future to some extent.
Some want to change that future. Some like the idea of reducing the population . We only have to look at the Georgia Guide stones to understand some folks take the idea seriously and will act given the opportunity. And 2012, the end of the long calendar, is just around the corner. What a perfect time to create a world disaster that kills 95% of us and blame it on the stars. Scary. What did they call those"exercises" , red flag? 
I hope not. At least not until my birthday in 2061. I figure if I can stick around that long there won't be any need to see the disaster. I will have lived enough of it. Which brings us back to the world's exploding population and the effort to control/reduce it,....................there are places on earth that couldn't use another person, and other places empty, that only resilient, strong people could inhabit. It is the latter place from where the survivors will emerge.
I was in Oregon week before last looking for another piece of property. Nothing I can afford presented itself. Genius is 90% patience. Luck is even more important. Especially for those whom lack genius and patience. The Force will bring me to the future, and the spot. I just hope afternoon TV with Jerry Springer doesn't taint me before I find a new project to entertain myself. In ten months I'll have another 10% down but by then I could believe that everyone lives in the drama of "who's your daddy" and "with my sister" ? The next adventure starts as soon as an affordable mountain with power and water becomes available. Motorhome shopping is taking place now. I wonder if I can do it again. Don't think I won't try. Being poor, broke and hungry while I struggled to emerge from the mud was the most fun I've had in years. And the rainy season has just started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment