Saturday, December 8, 2007

The News

I see the the U.S. Army has built a base at 8000 ft in the mountains between Afghanistan and Pakistan. It's a well fortified castle, complete with helicopter pads, the big guns etc. A command center high in the mountains for The War on Terror. This reminds me of boot camp mentality; "If we're going to fight them, lets do it at their house, burn their land, kill their women and children." This is all good and fine, I guess. But is this border patrol really necessary when I can't afford it? If we elect not to defend the Afghanistan border might there be enough money to defend America's borders? And dare I say it? Isn't it cheaper still to keep our southern borders porous and source our illegal drugs from there, rather then spend so much money to control Afghan poppy fields and do nothing to prohibit their cultivation? Oh, that's preposterous!... Is it?
From what I've seen the Taliban are now the gunmen for the poppy fields. Seems the local boys would like to continue to grow Opium. Something about 'earning a living' (Seen American Gangster? I wonder if the Armed Forces are checking the coffins. It wouldn't be original to use them for smuggling). How much is the worlds opium trade worth? I dare say, with all the other graft going on, would it be crazy to think that somewhere in the military/intelligence hierarchy an influential man might be making money on drugs connected somehow to those Afghan poppy fields, and maybe even... the War on Terror? I wonder what the shit in Harlem is like these days. Fucking good? I can't afford these wars.
For the money it cost us to kill each Taliban per kill, it would be cheaper to contract their asses out to Hitmen and BIG-GAME hunters. How many bona fide Taliban are we going to kill this year? Now how many BILLIONS are we going to spend? Those motherfuckers are the most expensive hit in the world!
If we just contract them our, for the number of Taliban killed this year versus dollar paid, Uncle Sam will be way ahead! We should close are borders to control our world, keep the shit out of the country, but that ain't happening. No. Ain't No Fucking Profit in that, is there? And at the end of 200 years of isolationism, the Chinese will invade our technologically backward country just like the British invaded them 200 years ago.
We can't afford the tarnish. Don't forget these are 'the lands of the grudge.' They haven't forgotten the Crusades. I try remember 'to save myself; the world don't wanna be save.'
Bring our troops home and let those people go back to chopping each others heads off in the middle of the desert.
Nobody wanted a War of Occupation.

I look out the window and right across from my property reminds me of what's important. America.

No comments:

Post a Comment