Sunday, March 21, 2010

Brazil

That's right , I was thinking about going to China but the Olympics are over and why experience Bei Jing in the smog? Then I was watching "Nature's Deadliest- Brazil" and now I have decided I'm not leaving my shack. And I am never going to Brazil !
Certain Caterpillars can kill you in Brazil. You step on an Assassin caterpillar, little fuzzy looking thing, it pumps the most lethal caterpillar poison in the world into you and 15 hours later you're dead.
In Brazil there are over two hundred sub-species of the Poison Dart Frog. Named so because the natives will rub their darts on a frog's back to make the darts poisonous. Handling the frog with a cut on your hand would kill you. About three minutes after the poison was introduced to your system. No antidote.
Brazil is where the Anaconda hangs out. I didn't know the Anaconda has six rows of teeth that it uses to set as an anchor from which point it squeezes it's victim to death . Ugly. So were the poisonous snakes. The Jararaca and the Bushmaster.Then there is the Wandering spider. The most poisonous spider in the world. It likes to hide in bananas and go anywhere it can. It looks like a Tarantula. In the Wandering spider's depiction, they show a man spotting one on the floor of his home, when he tries to strike it with a broom and misses, the Wandering spider aggressively runs up the handle and bites him .The spider does not back down. Mess with it, it comes and gets you. 3 minutes later, death. No open markets for me, thank you.
In Brazil there are crocodiles, scorpions, killerbees. There are also Cone snails. If you saw one on the beach you would want to pick it up; Such a pretty shell. The Cone Snail has a stinger that will sense when your hand is in range of the opening and sting you. One drop of it's poison will kill twenty people. There is no cure or antidote . A good portion of people stung die immediately from pain.
In the evergreen Jungle I live in, It's much safer. I think I'll stay home. If I go to the ocean, I'll go to Brookings and avoid the scorpions.

No comments:

Post a Comment