Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Boys With Money

Wednesday:
I had some boys with money from the Portland area down for a visit yesterday. Individuals living in the suburbs, bored and comfortable, existing in the customary fashion of the retired and affluent in America. I imagine.
They were going to Grants Pass to a Hot Rod shop to acquire parts for one of their toys, and, being that close , they came the forty miles down the Redwood highway to see Bradland. Not that they wanted to, but, they didn't want to come that close to Bradland and offend me by not stopping either. They'd like an invitation to my Octoberfest party.
They were impressed They especially liked my yard art. They suggested I add some new members to the family. They stayed about twenty minutes. Paradise.
Aaaaahhhh ...........these guys are soft. I'm sure they would drive the ten miles to town before they shit in a bucket. They need to get mountainfied. This is still a frontier. This ain't the eastern Sierra; This is the wilderness. This ain't no ranchette outside of Portland. It's dark here after the sun goes down. Large cats sharpen their claws on trees eight feet up the trunk. The bears get drunk on over ripe black-berries and come to dinner. On Sunday a grizzly knocked over my neighbors fence at 1200 Happy Camp rd and he was afraid to go outside and lock up the chicken coup. He had to call the State police. I'm going to drive down later and give him my number. Next time he can call me. I just got a bigger caliber rifle out of the safe. No wonder the neighbor's dog been barking. Yeah....Everybody ought to come to Bradland ....get a new perspective on what you got.
Tues:
I was in the city the last three days. Arrived home to an "offer'' for Bradland. After three days in the city I'm not so froggy to jump.( 105, 102,.105.101,...the high temperatures on the days I was there). The buyers are local boys whom have looked in Josephine county and realize there is not much land for sale at the price of Bradland. I like Josephine county. They think they can make it work. I admire their spirit. I hope they come up with a solid offer and the 60k down in the next ten days......
People keep asking me what will I do if I sell this property? Go to Italy. Go to China. Be nineteen. Become a hundred millionaire. Play jazz harmonica. Be Happy. Get old and nice. Alice and Brad lost in their lands. Anyway, another year older and it was a good one.
While I was celebrating did the world stop? Is the Iranian revolution for freedom over ? Did Ed McMahon and Farrah Fawcett come back to life? Every news broadcast I've seen is All about Michael Jackson . There's a memorial at the Apollo theatre; Everybody's Attorney, There's Joe Jackson sounding like a car salesman; And there is that microphone sucking Al Sharpton . Let the sensationalism start! Of course, he's really no worse than all the other players, dance contests, talent shows, reverends, etc whom will commercialize Michaels death into a three ring circus. Reminds me of the story of the Colonel opening a meeting after Elvis's death by flatly stating, " This changes nothing".
You could call into to the entertainment shows to cast your vote today, " Who was the best entertainer, Michael, Elvis, or the Beatles?" (Longevity will be in the music, not the dance, I believe).
Just one of the sick questions, viewers of various shows can express an opinion on. You would think some of this is a little premature though. Couldn't we at least wait for the guy to be buried before the real circus begins? I personally think they're going to keep the concert dates and Michael is going to make his greatest comeback ever during the Thriller segment......

No comments:

Post a Comment